First of all I can’t believe that you all took the time to write such heartfelt comments yesterday! I knew that venting on here would make me feel better and your comments were amazing. I was literally tearing up just reading your super sweet words. I knew I could count on you guys to make everything seem better.
I’m sorry I didn’t get to post again last night I just needed to sit and think for a while. Everything is definitely looking up I realized I do have enough vacation days to cover 12 of the days off. Every time I get paid I automatically have money removed from my checking account into my savings if I put that on hold for the next few months, I will only be down $79 from what I usually get. Obviously I’d rather save but if I just save what I can instead of a set amount I’ll be a lot better off then I thought. I also have started looking into freelance work and other small jobs to keep my cash flow up. The only thing now is I don’t feel comfortable signing another 1 year lease in case in 6 months things aren’t looking up, when I paid rent today I sent a little note asking my landlords to call me. Since I’ve lived here for the past 2 years I have never had any kind of trouble with the landlords and have always paid on time. So I was going to explain my situation and hope that they will let me do the lease on a month to month basis until I get back to full time. I really see them saying yes, they know Andrew and I and really seem to like us, and I’m sure they’d rather have our money coming in instead of having the place empty. They live right below us so we have really gotten to know them, and it’s not some big apartment complex but their home so I think we might have a really good chance.
Now since this is a food blog let’s talk about my eats.
Before going to my mom’s yesterday I had a string cheese.
While I was there after talking to my mom about everything I fell asleep on the couch for a few hours! Nothing like a nap to put you in a better mood. I left their house and came home for dinner. First off look at this amazing plate!
How cute right? My friend, Michelle, gave it to me for my birthday, she got it while on vacation is Savannah. It was actually designed by a student at SCAD (Savannah College of Art and Design) such a fun gift!
So I of course had to have a pb and j sandwich on it for it’s first use.
One the side I also had some grapes.
It definitely was:
Once Andrew returned from work I talked to him and ate 2 tagalongs. PB overload!
This morning upon waking up I knew today was going to another tough day. I decided to keep my eats really simple since I didn’t spend anytime preparing them last night. Let’s just say there was plenty more pb.
For breakfast I had a peach Chobani and granola.
I ate this so incredibly fast because my boss asked me to run home to grab some papers from when I worked at home 3 weeks ago. That took a nice hour and a 1/2 out of the work day for me.
For lunch I had pb and banana on an arnold’s sandwich thin.
Yummy as usual.
After work today I had to drop Andrew off at the pharmacy to work his second shift and I had to go get another MRI of my back to make sure it’s healing nicely from my accident last summer. Before I left work I knew I had to eat something because I didn’t think I’d be able to eat for a while (I was right.) So I had a Chocolate Brownie Clif Bar.
Brownies are like the only sweet that I can NEVER turn down. Growing up when it was your birthday you would bring cupcakes or munchkins to share with your class to celebrate. I never liked either one of those things so I would make my mom bake brownies the night before for me to bring in. All the teachers loved my birthday because it was something different. I remember proudly walking around passing out the brownies and listening to everyone get excited because it wasn’t the same old thing. Another year for my first non-family birthday party my mom asked me what I wanted to have at my party, knowing I wouldn’t cake, I asked her to make Jell-o. What little kid does that? She wound up making jell-o jigglers that spelled out Happy birthday Danielle! What a weird thing to have instead of cake!
This clif bar did not taste like a brownie but it was good none-the-less.
I was so glad I ate because by the time I got out of the MRI and got home it was 7:30. My parents had just finished eating dinner so even though I wasn’t that hungry I decided to have some of their left over egg noodles with a little butter, garlic powder, and parmesan cheese.
I wish I had only eaten 1/2 a clif bar so I could have had a better dinner. But this tasted good no matter how many veggies are missing.
I also have been meaning to post this for a few days now. The lovely Kate of Cooking with Kate has passed on an award to me.
First of all, have you all seen her blog? She’s adorable, she’s a fantastic writer and she’s also a Jersey girl! (Although she does live in LA now, believe me you can take the girl out of Jersey but you can’t take the Jersey out of the girl) she went to the same beach club as Bon Jovi and Bruce! (Remind me one day to tell you my Bon Jovi story it might be my most embarrassing moment!) So definitely check out her blog!
When receiving this award you are supposed to list 7 things you love so here goes:
- My sister, she is the most important person in my life, she has really made me into the person I am today and I would do anything for her.
- My parents, everyone says they’re parents are the greatest, well mine really are, my mom has become one of my best friends who I can tell anything to and she always helps me out, and I will always be a Daddy’s Girl.
- Andrew, we went out in high school our junior year and broke up a few months later, we met up again when I was in my sophomore year of college and started going out again. I like to say we were high school sweet hearts even though there was a 2 year break in there. He is definitely my soulmate, and I’m so lucky to have him in my life.
- My friends. I don’t know what I’d do without them, I’ve known my 4 closest girlfriends since elementary school! We are a tight knit group, and I am very grateful to have them. Once summer comes you’ll be seeing a ton more pictures of them because we’re always on our deck in the summer relaxing and talking.
- The beach, I’ve grown up less then 15 minutes from the beach, and there’s nothing like the feeling of the sand between your toes.
- You guys. I can’t tell you enough how much your comments have impacted me, especially in the last few days! You girls give me inspiration on a daily basis, you are some of the strongest women I (kinda) know.
- My extended family, aunts, uncles, grandparents, cousins, I have a pretty great family on both my mom’s side and my dad’s side, and there’s always a ton of laughs when we all get together.
I’m supposed to pass this on to 7 bloggers now but I’m having a hard time coming up with 7 and I’m sure most of you have already gotten it, so I’m passing this on to everyone on my blogroll! If you’re there consider yourself a Kreativ Blogger award winner!
Well I’m off to bed now, hope you all have a great night! Tomorrow is Thursday already! It’s my last full week of work until October so it’s flying by with meetings and redistribution of work so the rest of the week should fly!