I’m so glad the rain held off until today as it was supposed to rain on and off yesterday. I don’t care what the weather is like Monday through Thursday but if I have the next 24 Friday’s off I want them to all be nice! According to the weather this Friday and Saturday are supposed to be in the upper 70’s and sunny again, it’s still early in the week so clearly that can change but I’m keeping my fingers crossed that it is true.
Yesterday after I blogged I went to my parents house, we sat out on their patio and snacked on some peanuts (unpictured) and enjoyed the time in the sun. It wasn’t 80 like it had been on Saturday but I sat in the sun and enjoyed the warmth. My mom invited us to stay for dinner and she was making my favorite roast beef so we stayed. It looks very similar to last weeks Easter dinner because we had the same sides but instead of prime rib I enjoyed 2 pieces of roast beef.
With Mashed potatoes (I had a second helping).
And a ton of asparagus.
Fantastic dinner. To finish out our almost Easter repeat I also had a piece of cheese cake left over from last week.
So good, thank God this is in their fridge and not mine or this cake would have been eaten in a couple days.
After dinner we came home where I organized my things for the week and promptly fell asleep. This 8 hours of sleep is wonderful!
Today was a day of mostly leftovers, sorry if they are boring.
I made a full batch of pancakes yesterday so I brought in the 3 leftovers. I was asked by Erin if I have a recipe for these pancakes. I didn’t make these from scratch but used the Whole Foods 265 brand of Whole Wheat buttermilk pancakes, they are really delicious but definitely not quite as fluffy as regular pancakes, but I really enjoy them.
I smeared a litlte pb on each of my leftover pancakes, these were amazing.
For lunch today I continued with the leftover trend and had the last of my turkey burgers from Friday. I had it on an Arnold Sandwich thin. We’ve always had ketchup packets at work but apparently they were all out but I actually enjoyed this a lot plain.
After work I had an errand to run and then went straight to the gym. I was so hungry (I should have had something to eat at work but I didn’t get hungry until I was in the middle of working out. I burned about 307 calories but then called it quits, it was embarrassing how loudly my stomach was growling. I came home and threw together a spinach pizza.
For the whole pizza I used about 1 cup of spinach, and 2 ounces of cheese. I didn’t think I’d eat the whole thing but I totally did.
Before I go jump in the shower and get ready for bed I was tagged by Brandi to fill out the Survey of 8’s. I love filling these things out so I of course was happy to do it.
8 Things I’m Looking Forward To:
1. Vacation next month!
2. The 4th of July (it’s such a fun holiday!)
3. Spending time with my friends outside on my deck during the summer.
4. Seeing my family in a couple weeks for my cousin’s communion
5. Being in my friend Laura’s wedding next year
6. My cousin’s wedding to be over and done with in September.
7. Moving down South eventually
8. Going to the beach on Fridays.
8 Things I Did Yesterday:
1. Slept late (whoops)
2. made/ate pancakes
3. caught up with things on our DVR
4. Went to my parents house
5. Enjoyed the warmth of the sun outside on their patio
6. Ate a fabulous dinner made by mom
7. took a short nap on my parents couch
8. Snuggled in bed and watched some TV with Andrew.
8 Things I Wish I Could Do:
1. Not have to worry about money EVER!
2. Get to my goal weight.
3. be able to travel more
4. Cut my hair (my cousin won’t let me for her wedding…yuck!)
5. Live somewhere warm year round.
6. Be able to write for a magazine.
7. Lighten up.
8. Not take out my frustrations on others.
8 Shows I Watch:
1. The Office
2. Real Housewives of wherever (I’m addicted)
3. America’s Next Top Model
4. Biggest Loser
5. Ugly Betty
6. Hell’s Kitchen
7. Parks and Recreation (Love this new show, it’s so much like the office)
8. How I Met Your Mother
So now I have to tag 8 people to fill out this survey, sorry if any of you have already been tagged or already have done it if I missed it!
Hope you all have a great night! It just started thundering and lightening here, what a weird day!